Saturday, May 21, 2011

Tutorial Tryout: Maegan's Low Side Fishtail

I am in love with what Maegan does with her hair.  LOVE.  So when I saw her tutorial for a low side fishtail, I decided I had to try it.

photo via


I had never done a fishtail braid before.  I'm actually not all that adept at braiding my own hair in the back, actually, although I wear the front braided all the time.  Her tutorial was PERFECT though and super easy.  This is what I ended up with:


(sorry for the crappy iphone photos!)

How I prepped my hair:  I washed it this morning, then let it air-dry as much as possible.  I finished drying it with my blowdryer and scrunching it with my hands (I have naturally wavy hair).  Then, I curled a few front and top sections with my 1" curling iron just to give it more texture (and the top layer tends to be straighter then the underside).  Then I pinned the top back (it drives me nuts when my hair is in my face) and braided the rest.  I LOVE this style!!  It held up really well throughout the day too, which I was happy about.  I DID end up having to add two bobby pins later this afternoon, but that wasn't a big deal.  My hair is pretty layered so I expected it. 

So yay!  Thanks Maegan!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment